Thursday, December 29, 2011

Tool #3

I had to post this first video.  I saw it several years ago and it's one of my favorites.  It's funny how I practice this with my 3 Pugs and my Boston but the only thing they say is "Feed me.  I'm hungry."



The Continents Song Video - Where was this video when I was in the classroom?  It has a good beat and it's easy to dance to...and it's a fun way for the students to learn the names of the 7 continents.  Plus, they don't have to hear me sing it either!
 


One of great things I learned about the fair use laws is that as educators we can access many resources that can enhance our students' learning.  Of course, it's always safest to get permission for some copyrighted materials.
I opened an account on Dropbox.  It's an awesome tool to have for educational and personal purposes. It's a great tool to gather images to share with the students.  I went ahead and placed some of my pics from this summer's trip to Paris so I can share with friends and family. 

2 comments:

  1. Videos are so engaging to students and I agree it is a great way to learn facts. Dropbox will make it so easy for teachers to share content with their students. On the newest generation of the iPods and iPads and iOS5, sharing is easier than ever before--no more syncing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I loved both of the videos you posted. You and Mrs. Handy win for the best videos selected or made by a teacher.

    We love videos so of course, our students will love a good video too,

    ReplyDelete